2. Soak for the relevant time for the size wallet you have purchased as follows:
- Mini/Individual/Duo/Pump: 5-8 minutes
Note: These times are estimates - We suggest that you remove your FRIO® from the water when the gel tubes are approximately 3/4 full. Next, follow steps 3 and 4. Step 5 states to place your medication in the wallet. At his point (with the medication inside), the gel tubes should be firm - not rigid.
If, after step 4, the FRIO® needs additional soaking because it is too soft, re-place it in the water for about one minute. Repeat steps 3 and 4 as necessary. Never force your medication or pump into the wallet. If you need to force the medication or pump in, you have over-soaked the wallet. If this occurs, follow the directions for drying out the wallet. When the crystals evaporate sufficiently, you will be able to fit your medication or pump inside.
3. Gently spread the crystals evenly through the pouch. The gel formed should fill the panels but should not expand to the point where the panels become rigid. The activated pouch should remain pliable.
4. Gently towel the pouch dry. The panels will continue to expand slightly after removing from the water.
5. Place medication in the activated pouch and then place the activated pouch in outer Cambrelle cover.
The FRIO® inner pouch should be re-immersed in water when the quantity of gel reduces and gel starts to return to its crystal form, i.e. crystals can be felt in the panels. When in continuous use, succeeding immersion periods will be shorter, i.e. 3-4 minutes, as the crystals are always in gel form. It is extremely important that the correct amount of water is absorbed during immersion because over-soaking causes the wallet to become too swollen to be used! Should this occur, the wallet must be allowed to dry naturally until it returns to a usable size.
DO NOT CARRY OR STORE IN AN AIRTIGHT OR WATERPROOF CONTAINER WHEN ACTIVATED!
FRIO®s need to breathe. They work by evaporation and need to be in contact with the air. The Cambrelle (outer) cover allows this to happen enhancing the stability of the pouch's temperature. Carrying in hand luggage or in a pocket is satisfactory.
Please Note: Care should be taken when towel drying your FRIO® pouch after immersion in water, as there might be some slight color loss from the fabric of brightly-colored pouches.
The FRIO®, with medication, can be placed in a refrigerator. DO NOT place the FRIO® in a freezer as the fabric may become damaged due to moisture in the gel causing it to stick to the freezer shelving.
To accelerate the drying out period, various methods can be used:
1. place the inner pouch near a heat source such as a heat vent
DO NOT PLACE THE FRIO® IN A TUMBLE DRYER!
DO NOT PLACE THE FRIO® WALLET IN A WASHING MACHINE!